05 March 2010

Did I say Craigslist sucks?

I did.  And it does.  At last count, I've gotten 4 bites on 2 bikes.  One guy sends an email - "will you take less?" - on the 26".  I reply.  Nothing.  Nada. Zip.  Crickets man.  The next guy leaves a message on my phone - "Hey man, wondering if the 29er will fit me".  Turns out he's 5'8", 200lbs.  No worries.  I was there once.  That's why I started riding bikes.  So I call back, we talk, I tell him it should fit fine. "Great - lets get together Saturday.  Give me a call after 1000".

Saturday rolls around, I call.  "Oh, sorry man, I bought one Friday".

What?

The last guy sends an email with a sob-story attachment.  "will you take less".  I call back, we talk.  He's a little concerned about fit.  I get that.  I've had to many ill-fitting bikes.  Then he asks "Are the wheels easy to take off?"

Excuse me?

So I explain the Redline tug bolts.  He works down the street, and I give him my address.  "I get off at 6:30.  I'll come by with the money".

Maybe he meant AM...

Of couse he never showed.  So here I am sitting on two bikes I probably won't ever rider again, hanging in my garge, mocking me.

"Really honey.  If you let me get this Rig on the credit card, I'll sell the other two and put the money back.

Thank goodness for tax refunds.

My wife still gives me those looks only the woman you love can give.  It's the "You lied to me" look.  Not lying as in "I never had sex with that woman" lying.  But lying about something you knew you could do.  "Who wouldn't want a 3 year-old frame with mid-level components, 2 wheelsets and a 2 year-old newish 29er singlespeed.  I can sell that. 

Yep.  Be right back.  Someone wants to buy both for double what I'm asking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home